katiewilkins186

Stephen King
Arduino Projects Book
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Michael Shiloh, Tom Igoe

Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay My knowledge of the psychology of serial killers is limited to the probably inaccurate information I’ve learned from TV shows. However, given what I know, I felt the author did a creepily good job of capturing Dexter’s feeling of anticipation, need to kill, and satisfaction at doing so. He also did an impressive but even more creepy job of making Dexter likeable. In fact, while I enjoyed these books, being asked to empathize with a guy who, oh by the way, cuts people up while they’re still alive (!) was just too weird for me. I don’t think I’ll be reading any more of the series.

If you like thrillers though, I’d check this out. The author does a great job giving just enough details to make you imagine terrible things. This made the book readable for even someone with my aversion to gore without losing any impact. I liked the authors dark sense of humor and did enjoy Dexter’s morally ambiguous character. If you like being creeped out more than I do, this book might be just what you’re looking for.

This review first published on Doing Dewey.